Why Facebook Pixels Are Important In Your Business.
Too often it happens to me that the people who write to me do not know what the Facebook Pixel is, and therefore have no idea what great things for their business can be done with this tool.
If you have a website (if you don’t have it, what are you waiting for ?!) you can’t use this powerful business resource, and now I’ll explain why in the simplest way possible, or at least I’ll try!
The Facebook Pixel is nothing more than a string of HTML code that allows Facebook and the site to communicate with each other and you to measure the effectiveness of your paid advertising.
What Is Facebook Pixel Used For?
The Facebook Pixel gives you the ability to:
1. Have a lot of data on the audience that visits your website and therefore to get to know your ideal customer better and better ;
2. Retargeting, i.e. reaching once again, with a new paid campaign, those who have already visited your site and perhaps have shown interest in your products and services;
3. Create a similar audience (lookalike) to people who have visited your site, who have purchased, who have subscribed to your newsletter, who have read a certain blog post etc. to show them your ads too;Optimize paid campaigns for certain actions.
4. Optimizing means telling Fb what action you want those who see your ad to take based on your goal and he will show it to the people who are most likely to do that action based on their history;
5. Monitor the actions and conversions that take place on your site and understand what works and what doesn’t with your ads and your marketing strategy.
2 Ways To Monitor Facebook Pixels:
There are 9 actions that Facebook allows you to track and they are:
- Viewing content,
- Adding to the cart,
- Adding to the wish list,
- Starting a purchase,
- Adding payment information,
- Completing a purchase,
- Acquiring contact,
- Registration completed;
These are the actions that do not fall within the standard ones of Facebook and which for you may be important or to be used if you can’t use the standard ones;
How Pixels Are Created
Now that you have understood the enormous potential of our beautiful Pixel you are wondering “All wonderful, but how the hell is it created?”
If you have a developer who takes care of your site it is always better to have him do it, otherwise, you can easily create it and insert it yourself because it is quite simple.
From your Facebook profile at the top right, go to Advertising on Facebook, access your advertising account by clicking on Manage Ads, and then under Pixel where you will find the Configure button.
Another way to insert it if you use WordPress for your site is to download the plugin and after giving him the pixel ID and he automatically inserts it on all pages of the site.
You can only create one pixel for each ad account but you can use the same pixel to track multiple sites. In this regard, I recommend that you create an advertising account on Business Manager for each of the sites you want to track.
For example, if you have a site for your psychology activity and one for your content creations, you can open an account on Business Manager and then create two sub-accounts where each one will have the same pixel but different custom audiences, different campaigns, etc.
Then you can target the ads, you can learn about retargeting and Facebook pixels here.
Ensure It Works Efficiently and Properly
Once installed he will start tracking data, and it is always better to check that everything is working correctly so as not to risk having bad results or losing all contacts with your potential customers.
To do this, just go back to Ads Manager under Pixel, click on data sources, and finally on Diagnostics.
I hope I have been able to explain to you clearly and simply why it is important for the marketing of your business to use this tool.
Using the Facebook Pixel and knowing how to implement it depends on the success of your paid campaigns and therefore the effectiveness of your marketing.
Your goal is to reach as many people as possible who are interested in what you do and not lose that bond once you find them.
Of course, if you need support I’m always here!