Content Distribution: Easy Tactics to Reach Your Largest Audience
Content is King and content distribution is Queen. Yes, and we are the kingdom… where so many citizens want access to the king but always have to wait their turn. Well, not in this case. Many articles have outlined the importance of why it’s highly important to always give valuable information to your readers and visitors regarding your business, products and services, popularly known as content.
Thing is, having great content is not enough. People looking to employ your services have got to be able to find you and don’t have to go through hell to do so and when I say hell I mean, coining all kinds of keywords and phrases to search for the right information sitting pretty on your blog. Having the right content set up with the right key words and seo ranks, in front of the right audience is what makes the content a king. Not having all that valuable information under a bushel. That’s where the need of content distribution comes to play.
Make sense right?
Okay, let dive into our topic for today ‘Content Distribution.
To see the benefits of content distribution (which really is a form of marketing), you need to embrace two things.
The first is creating great content. Do you know that 77% of marketers increased their content marketing budget between 2014 and 2015?
The second is, you need to do is something that most people overlook or don’t say they are doing but actually are – content distribution done with a personality.
Content distribution is an important piece of the content marketing puzzle but one that is often overlooked. Too many people and businesses assume that their content will magically take off by itself. Well, happy to break it to you, it doesn’t work that way.
Except you’ve already built huge followers that are engaged and waiting for your next piece, then fine. If not, you have to spread your content on as many platforms as possible. So, I’m going to share with you some tactics and platforms you can use for content distribution.
Let’s dive in…
This great customer relationship management tool is has added more zeros to bank accounts of many organisations. It’s all about staying in touch (with relevant content of course) and proffering the right solutions to the right people at the right time. Here a few steps to maintaining a great relationship with your list of potential buyers and how content distribution can be done on this platform.
- Send out a link to your mailing list telling them about the benefits of the latest piece of content on your blog.
- Reach out to influencers with large mailing lists and ask them if they would be interested in sharing your article with their audience.
- Sponsor an industry newsletter to have your content featured in it.
- Build a newsletter and include your own content in the newsletter and make sure you are able to share links about a specific topic.
- Update your signature for the week to include a reference to your latest article saying: “Check out my latest: [Content name here]”
- Reach out to influencers who you mention in your blog post and let them know that you’ve referenced their work.
The list could be longer but let’s deal with this for now.
The very proud social media network that watches the whole universe and thinks to itself, “these guys don’t appreciate my potentials until they try me out first. I connect businesses with businesses and help job seekers get their dream jobs, marketers meet their targets and also business owners to get word out that they are the best fit for their target audience.” LinkedIn is a great place for content distribution. A few tips on how to use Linkedin to distribute content.
- Share a status update (posting relevant information that your linkedin viewers will find useful). Tag the influencers who you mentioned in the content within your status update.
- Write a blog post on LinkedIn that drives readers back to your blog or pulse page. It will give a notification to the majority of your connections so they see the activity surrounding the post.
- Share your content within niche communities and groups on LinkedIn that is relevant to your business.
- Export the emails of your contacts on LinkedIn and reach out to them so they’re aware that you just created a new piece of content and you think they might be interested in it.
- Export the emails of your contacts on LinkedIn and run ads using Facebook custom audiences that tell them to check out your latest piece of content.
- Run advertising on LinkedIn from your company page driving users to click and read your content.
This used to be the spot where everyone hung out and to some extent it still is because the famous words, “are you on Facebook or FB” is still used I don’t even know how many times a day.
For long while now, Facebook has been the place many businesses have used to reach their target audience, generate an engaging social community and even promote products and services to ready clients who are itching to buy… I did not forget how easy it is to also distribute content and what steps you need to take to achieve that.
- Join Facebook groups and share the content you’ve developed in them as soon as it’s published.
- Comment in Facebook groups when people ask about topics that you’ve written and link back to your resources. Be sure to add value before sending them to your content.
- Share the content on your personal account but make sure your privacy settings are set to public rather than private or just friends.
- Share the content on your company Facebook page. Be sure to mention any of the brands that are included to increase the likelihood of showing up in your followers feeds.
- Use Facebook advertising to distribute the content to a broader audience than your page would likely reach. Target an audience that is more likely to share the content to make the post viral.
- Use retargeting display or Facebook ads to connect with your mailing list. Upload your list and you can target these individuals.
- Create a short article on Facebook that drives to the content you’ve developed or is a repurposed version of the content and Pin the content to the top of your Facebook page.
- Reach out to a few of your closest friends on Facebook and ask them if they’d mind sharing the content.
Niche Online Forums
Submit content to these communities if you’re crafting content about marketing.
- Answer questions on these forums and link back to your own articles where appropriate.
- If the forum allows, use your signature to promote your content.
- Make sure that it’s easy for people to share your social content with the click of a button. Use social media share bars that allow the reader to share to the network of their choice.
- Create a place for “Popular Posts” on the right hand side of your website, and link to this piece of content so organic traffic can find it while on your website.
- On your “About Us” page – Create a section that links to your most popular or favourite pieces of content and include it.
Just in form of bonus, you can also share your content through the following mediums:
Podcast:Go on relevant podcasts and promote your content as a part of the interview. Interviewers often give you a chance to plug in something such as content that you want to distribute.
Online Summits: Take part in Online Summits and promote your content at the end of your interview or presentation.
Okay. We’ve come to the end of this post. I think at first glance, all that we talked about above seem like a lot of work, but these are tactics that will help you connect with more people and drive meaningful results from your content. So, is a need for your business.
Alright, I trust that’s of value to you?
I’m looking forward to your feedback on how you’ve implement what we discussed above.
Notwithstanding, if you are at a point where you are looking for a consistent inflow of the PERFECT type of client for your business or…
If you want a marketing system that allows you track and measure all your activities or…
If you want to set up a effective marketing system that generates, engages and converts your PERFECT type of clients into actual sales then click on this link to schedule your FREE consultation session with our Business Consultants.