5 Lead Magnet Ideas to Capture Quality Leads on Your Website.
If you’re not generating leads to your business, sooner or later your business will start experiencing some difficulties. Quality leads are the lifeblood of any business, it doesn’t matter if the business is online or offline.
Your website is a great place to generate more leads for your business. The only thing though, is that many businesses are not taking advantage of this and they miss out on people that are interested in that their business is about but they are just not ready to work with you right away. And that will be about 97% of your website visitors.
The major reason why they miss out on that type of opportunity is because they don’t really have a captivating lead magnet what will entice people to leave their name and email address via an opt-in form.
What is a Lead Magnet?
A lead magnet is an irresistible bribe offering a specific chunk of value to a prospect in exchange for their contact information. What’s also great about lead magnets is that they generate targeted traffic, which means these individuals are more likely to purchase your paid products and services.
Lead magnets are free and people love to download free stuff! That’s the icing on the cake but your lead magnet needs to be consumed by your prospect for it to have an impact. Within 5 minutes of reading a lead magnet, it should offer great value.
Once you’d have them on your email list, you’d be able to pop into their inboxes on a regular basis, adding even more value and nurturing them until they’re ready to work with you.
Creating a valuable lead magnet is super easy!
5 Steps to Creating an Irresistible Lead Magnet:
1. It’s Easily Relatable – You know your target audience’s pain points better than anyone else. So when your lead magnet starts describing a real problem, that only your customer can relate to, they will immediately know that this was for them and no one else.
2. Short And Actionable – Begin with the smallest win that you can help your audience solve. The secret to a great lead magnet is that it needs to be short, easy to consume, and impactful.
3. Solves A Single Problem – Your premium flagship solutions will often be more comprehensive and complex. In comparison, your lead magnet will allow your audience to solve a single pain point that has been bothering them.
4. Show Off Your Expertise – If you can help them, you will earn their trust. And once a person trusts you, the chances that they will purchase from you will increase exponentially.
5. Creates A Natural Next Step – You want your free lead magnet to ALWAYS be aligned with your premium offer. For instance, a free tasting of ice cream should lead to a paid scoop of ice cream. It would be weird if that free taste of ice cream led to an offer for new car tires.
5 Lead Magnet Ideas That You Can Offer on Your Website
Free Video Training or Mini-Course
Video is one of the BEST ways to connect with your audience! Based on a common problem that your target audience is having (think about what keeps them up at night), you can create a short video, that’s 15 to 30 minutes, sharing your tips on how to overcome that problem.
It’s a great way to make your brand more personable, while showing how knowledgeable you are. Keeping it short and succinct with 3-5 tips is all you need!
Free Ebook or Workbook
Ebooks are a great way to share tips on a certain topic or how to overcome a common problem that your target audience may have. You can simply type it all up in a Word doc and save it as a PDF or if you want to get fancy, you could use a free tool, like Canva to design a PDF yourself.
You can make it either a guide for them to just consume or you can make it workbook style, leaving blanks for the reader to fill in as they read through it. Totally up to you!
Quizzes are a fun way to get some interaction from your audience, while sharing your expertise at the end, once they read their results.
You first want to think about an area of your expertise that you could categorize. For example, as a business coach, you could have a quiz that tells people what type of business owner are they with 4 categories they could fall into and recommendations you’d make to them, based on each category.
This can help grow your email list because you can require them to opt-in for more tips and to see their quiz results. Interact and Typeform are great tools for creating quizzes. And you an embed them right into your website!
Free Email Challenge
An email challenge is a great way to encourage audience participation and to help them get a mini-transformation in a short period of time. Usually, an email challenge lasts for a certain number of days.
The most digestible challenges are typically 5 days. You can break down your recommendations into 5 parts to last over the 5 days to help your target clients make progress in a certain problem area. You can easily set up an automated email sequence in your email provider, so these messages are delivered automatically!
That’s it for the tips! Let me know if you choose to try out one of these.