3 Major Shifts In The Digital Marketing Space… Happening Now.
Well, we are all aware of the current pandemic and it’s not a surprise to many businesses that things have changed.
The way we shop has changed. The way we have meetings have changed. The way we even do groceries is not exactly 100% like before. Definitely, the way we market our businesses, products and services has changed a whole lot.
The pandemic made all these changes to happen
Big Shift #1:
• Focus on how to make your products better. Doing this, makes your customers happy.
Agencies are asked to do 2 things:
Strategy + Technology
…for any of our customers.
• We need to train marketers and not the business owners. Truth is, it’s ok for business owners to feel overwhelmed because they are looking for people like us (agencies). So “WE” need to get really good at this.
My action step – go back to Content Marketing Mastery and do the relevant certifications.
*Good marketers don’t come cheap.* Hire to train or train who you have.
“The companies who succeed in the future will be the companies who are willing to invest in their people and bear the burden of training and educating them.”
Big Shift #2
The Rise of BOTS and the Return of 1-1 Conversations.
• Dont look at BOT automation to avoid human conversations. See automation as a great tool to facilitate H2H conversation.
“Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
• Try using the 9 word email to increase open rate for conversational emails.
“Are You Still Looking To Train Your Marketing Team?”
• Don’t put a logo in a conversational email.
• The Goal of the Conversation Emails: Start a conversation, Not close a Sale.
• So keep it real. Keep it human.
“The future belongs to the companies who are willing to invest in real 1-1, H2H interactions.”
Big Shift #3
Customer Value Optimization is 2.0.
• There should be a sequence in a relationship. Know who your customers are, what their problems are, what they want, etc. If you don’t know, it doesn’t hurt to ask.
• If you can’t write down your business model on a napkin, then you need to revisit it again.
The Goal: The Customer Value Journey Model is focused on having a better customer and not just a happy one.
There is only H2H not B2C and B2B.
• Don’t assault your customers.
• Every product we sell is a vehicle to send our customers from a less desired state to a much desired point B.
Using 8 Stages;
Promote – Advocate – Ascend
Aware – Engage – Subscribe – Convert – Excite
(will use diagram.)
• Marketing doesn’t stop when the sale is made.
• It’s all about these 3 things.
a. Organise your tactics
– Move your customers happily through the value journey canvas.
b. Organize your training
c. Organize your team.
“The job of marketing is not to generate awareness, or to close a sale. The job of marketing is to move prospects and customers seamlessly and subtly through the customer value journey.”